- St Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital (Teaching Hospital for Columbia University Medical School
- The Saturday Center for Psychotherapy, Santa Monica, CA
- AIDS Project Los Angeles: Pacific Center, CA
- UCLA’s Student Psychological Services, Los Angeles, CA
- Veteran’s Administration, Dual Diagnosis Treatment Program, West Los Angeles, CA
- Didi Hirsch Community Mental Health Services, Inglewood, CA
- UCLA Psychology Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
- Neighborhood Youth Association, Mar Vista, CA
- Long-Island Jewish Hospital, Adolescent Inpatient Unit, Queens, NY
- Professor of Abnormal Psychology (Lecturer), Department of Psychology, UCLA
- Clinical Supervisor, UCLA Psychology Clinic
- Teaching Assistant Positions, UCLA: Abnormal Psychology, Introduction to Psychology, Fieldwork in Psychology
- Alumni Mentor, Department of Psychology Undergraduate Advising Office, UCLA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MEDICAL MISSIONS KENYAMMK’s Medical missions provide a comprehensive continuum of health services aimed at promoting the well being of people in underdeveloped remote villages. Volunteer groups of nurses, pharmacists and doctors provide diagnosis and treatment; establish partnerships and training with local community health care workers; conduct community medical and wellness training; and foster principles of preventative health.
HEALGRIEF/ACTIVELY MOVING FORWARD (AMF)College grief support is instrumental to a grieving college student. Most students have never experienced the death of a primary loved one. With many college campuses having limited grief support resources available, these students are at high risk for isolation, depression, dropout and suicide. AMF is a national support network which connects and empowers grieving young adults. These young adults support one another with peer-led grief support groups and are encouraged to participate in community service events in memory of their loved ones. By doing so, they raise awareness about the needs of grieving young adults across the country.
WEBLIFEWebLife fundamentally changed how organizations approach employee web use by providing a separate, private and secure space for employees to conduct personal web browsing. This allows protection of employees’ personal information that could otherwise been derived and sold. By securely separating personal and business web activity, Weblife enhanced company compliance with global privacy obligations.
RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORS OF THE BRENTWOOD SCHOOL (RNSB)RNSB is a sub-sect of the Brentwood Community Council). The Brentwood Community Council (“BCC”) is the broadest based Brentwood community organization, representing approximately 50,000 stakeholders of the community, including homeowner associations, multi-family residential dwellers, business organizations, schools, religious groups, volunteer service groups, public safety, and environmental organizations.
ABOUT Dr. Gardenswartz
Dr. Cara Gardenswartz has over 25 years of education, training, and experience in her field.She received her BA from the University of Pennsylvania and went on to earn her Master’s and Doctorate in Psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles, one of the top educational institutions in the U.S. in the field of Clinical Psychology. In addition to working with patients, Dr. Cara consults for publications, media, and entertainment. She is a script and technical consultant for television and film, and also teaches undergraduate courses at UCLA.